Wednesday 29 August 2007

Return to the Pond....

Ah, well, I'm back! Actually, I came back to my nice little cosy pond on Friday (a little earlier than expected) but I've ended up being very busy settling the froglets back down and erm for some unkown reason tidying and sorting (bleeeh!) the pond a bit... but now I'm back to making things, and getting ready for my fair! Ahhh.


The 'holiday' was good fun - the days were lovely and the froglets had a great time going to various different beaches, finding pebbles and shells, running down huge piers, having ice cream sundaes, running through fields finding animals, birds, insects *blackberries* and flying kites.... but the evenings were really quite hellish! We discovered on putting the tent and folding camper up that there would be nowhere to actually lock them at night because the small tent Mr Frog and Flibbet and I were sharing to sleep in had to be in a different field, so every evening we had a bouncing kicking tantrumy overtired froglet on our knee until we wanted to go to bed (which usually turned out to be around 7pm when suicidal feelings began to kick in!!)...


I'm going to show you my favourite picture from the holiday, if you fancy seeing more photos you can go to my flickr - http://www.flickr.com/photos/10219132@N03/




This is the top of a smallish 'mountain' (it was totally just a hill but don't tell the froglets!) you can see from left to right Mr Frog, Flibbet, Grampa Frog, Ribbet and me... we had a lovely view of Pendle hill from here, and there were dragonflies to gaze at, bilberries to pick and splodge, heather to bounce in, and a lovely picnic at the end - perfect!




One of my favourite parts of the holiday was getting the chance to visit John Ditchfield's studio, Glasform http://www.glasform.com/ he's a semi-famous producer of gorgeous glass products, I've wanted for a long time to learn to make glass things, I want to start with beads and work my way up... ponds and kilns don't really mix though but *one* *day* I tell you, *one* *day*... anyway, I got to meet the man himself, his wife, and his cheeky parrot - it was lovely! Grampa Frog comissioned a piece for their small glass collection - he undercharged us muchly (probably because his wife wasn't in the room!) it has the colouration and lily pads of this piece, but is a round yet slender necked bud vase. (I got a matching keyring heehee)

Anyway I shall post again soon, probably tomorrow, as I've run out of time (the froglets are complaining loudly) I'm in the process of making and listing new things and tomorrow I'll fill you in on my exam results, the subsequent search for a ring from Etsy, courses, new creations, and tadpoles. *Hops off*

No comments: