Friday 31 August 2007

Still feeling green in the morning...

Then again I'm a crabby frog, so when do I not feel green?! My morning sickness has decided to pay another visit, which isn't totally unexpected - I had sickness all the way through with the other tadpoles, I think it's got slightly better each time though, which is nice I suppose! Being pregnant with Ribbet felt like dying of a horrible disease!


Talking of pregnancy stuff, my next scan is Tuesday - I'm really anxious about it to be honest... I think the scanning departments in the UK go a little OTT and they don't let you escape without your tadpole having one potential problem or another! Ribbet had quite serious kidney problems, which had to be operated on after birth, and Flibbet had funny kidneys too, but they righted themselves, but then she got *two* ovarian hernias at two months old! This one, deciding obviously to follow in their frogsteps has Choroid Plexus Cysts - these are actually little gaps between the blood vessels surrounding the brain, they're harmless but can be a marker for Edward's Syndrome (which is 100% fatal) on their own they're not much to worry about, it bumps the stats a little less in her favour, but the midwife couldn't get a good look at the heart, and she thought it might be small - CP Cysts and a heart defect would probably put my tadpole in the 1 in 10 region for Edward's, and heart problems, well, don't even want to think about that...


The annoying thing is that there's probably absolutely nothing at all wrong with my pink tadpole... but I get to sit around having nightmares and stressing for two weeks before the consultant sees us and tells us is was all nothing (or 'silly midwife, look, the kidneys are funny!')... I can't wait.


On a less horribly stressful note (actually it wasn't at the time teehee) I got home from holiday to discover my exam results floating around - I missed most of my schooling so I had to start at the bottom and do my GCSEs (important exams 16 year olds take here) I got A* results, woohoo! So I'm treating myself to a custom order silver ring from Etsy, I'm quite sure I've decided I want this wonderful lady to make it for me - http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=96477 Linda's jewellery is so lovely and imaginative, she has twenty years experience and has written three books on jewellery making, yet her prices are really affordable (she's totally gained a froggy fan!) I feel like a complete snob getting my own special custom order! (Frog hands are hard to find rings for y'know).


Ahh now I'm going to babble about things I've been making! It's so nice to be home and to finally have time to make things... on our holidays Mr Frog and I found some really interesting eroded pebbles full of little holes and tunnels, so I decided to bring them home and bead around them (yes, the holiday possibly did drive me insane) but I think they're really unique... so far I've made a pair of sterling silver earrings and a beadwoven sea anemone necklace out of them, watch this space and my shop for more interesting creations!


Last night I made natural hot process soap with shea butter and rose essential oil, I haven't sliced it yet, but as soon as I have I'll be adding it to my shop - it smells lovely! I also made a batch of tingly peppermint whipped shea body butter - it makes your skin feel refreshed and smooth and it's fabulous as a foot cream too, for tingly soft toes! I'll be listing that later today too.... more butters and soaps will be on their way soon, especially after my first craft fair... when I hope to be buying ingredients for different products!


*Hops off for now*

2 comments:

Sara Millis said...

Wow, you have been busy...

Firstly and most importantly - good luck with the scan, I hope everything is ok with your little pink tadpole.

Secondly, wow what a great jewellery artist you bought from, would love to see what you got.

Thirdly, what a great idea to bead around your seashore finds... This looks great! You are a creative soul!

And finally, I love this blog... you always give me something great to read... must return the favour and note you as a 'blog to go see'! Thanks hon!

Sara x

Moocow said...

Hee hee! Found ya!